This course focuses on three pieces of resistance apparatus: toning balls, Pilates circle, stretch bands. Resistance apparatus can be used in ways that not only build strength, but also facilitate optimal range of motion in the joints. You learn how and why resistance apparatus is important in the quest for a strong core and integrated support in hips, shoulders and upper torso. You become equipped with conceptual and kinesthetic understanding that helps you deliver resistance exercises in a whole new way. You also learn how to work from centre to periphery and vice versa to integrate both.
- Practise a variety of exercises using toning balls, Pilates circle and stretch bands
- Learn how to use resistance apparatus for positive strength outcomes without compromising joint mobility or flexibility
- Determine effective strategies for integrating resistance apparatus into one-on-one sessions and group classes
Questions: [email protected]
Related Specialist programs
- Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics
- Diverse Populations: Athletes
- Diverse Populations: Pre/Post Natal
- Diverse Populations: Older Adults
Related Continuing Education courses
Check our schedule for the course that suits your goals and your lifestyle. Register TODAY!
Use the Locations filter to search for events offered at your preferred location.
Use the Sign Up button or the contact info listed in the description to reserve your spot.
Mobile view shows start date/time only. Check DETAILS for all relevant dates/times and details.