In this course you learn to analyze locomotion patterns that work from our feet, through the legs and hips, into the pelvis, and up the spine into shoulders. Based on the Spinal Engine theory, this course helps you see the gait mechanics as a whole body experience. Your ability to observe how we walk, and understand the intricacies of how movement is integrated as we walk, expands dramatically. You leave with a completely new way of seeing bodies and a repertoire of simple exercises that have profound and positive effects on a person’s gait mechanics.
- Gain an understanding of gait mechanics and its impact on functional movement
- Develop the skills to effectively observe gait mechanics and identify dysfunctional patterns
- Learn to make educated exercise choices to promote positive changes in the gait mechanics
- Practice a repertoire of exercises that positively affect gait mechanics
Questions: [email protected]
Related Specialist programs
- Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics
- Diverse Populations: Athletes
- Diverse Populations: Pre/Post Natal
- Diverse Populations: Older Adults
Related Continuing Education courses
Check our schedule for the course that suits your goals and your lifestyle. Register TODAY!
Use the Locations filter to search for events offered at your preferred location.
Use the Sign Up button or the contact info listed in the description to reserve your spot.
Mobile view shows start date/time only. Check DETAILS for all relevant dates/times and details.