We all know that a strong core is key to optimal function, balance and equilibrium. But how can we best facilitate effective core control and still create programs that appeal to average people who can’t connect to subtle movements and deep inner muscles? In this course, we take a global approach to the concept of core and analyze both the inner and outer cylinders of support. These core systems help produce support and movement for the entire body as they criss-cross and spiral the torso. In-depth analysis is followed by observation and self-practice using specific exercises for each layer. You leave with a clear idea of how to help people connect to the different parts of their core.
Note: Core Integrity is a Continuing Education course. It is also included in the Pilates Level 1: Mat program.
- Discover what the inner unit of support is and how it functions
- Learn what the outer unit of support is and how it functions
- Practise exercises for both inner and outer units for optimal core control
- Explore ways to develop a sequence of exercises based on the core systems
Questions: [email protected]
Related Specialist programs
- Functional Anatomy & Biomechanics
- Diverse Populations: Athletes
- Diverse Populations: Moms and Kids
- Diverse Populations: Older Adults
Related Continuing Education courses
Check our schedule for the course that suits your goals and your lifestyle. Register TODAY!
Use the Locations filter to search for events offered at your preferred location.
Use the Sign Up button or the contact info listed in the description to reserve your spot.
Mobile view shows start date/time only. Check DETAILS for all relevant dates/times and details.