Breathing Mechanics and Protocols
As an event breathing can be both unconscious and conscious. How we breathe affects everything we do. And breathing is integral to core stability and building bodies that move with ease and integrity. This course outlines the biomechanics and physiological underpinnings of this vital process. Theory crosses over to experience as we explore several ways to breathe to enhance function of the respiratory and musculoskeletal systems. Throughout the day we work interactively to interpret different faulty breathing patterns, understand how they affect movement and posture, and work to help reverse them for optimal function.
- Experience how breathing works and learn what happens with every breath
- Learn the biomechanics of the breath cycle: which muscles are involved, and how they work on inhalation and exhalation
- Practise a sequence of exercises to help unlock the breath for improved function and posture
Questions: [email protected]
Related Specialist programs
- Functional Anatomy & Biomechanics
- Diverse Populations: Athletes
- Diverse Populations: Moms and Kids
Related Continuing Education courses
Check our schedule for the course that suits your goals and your lifestyle. Register TODAY!
Use the Locations filter to search for events offered at your preferred location.
Use the Sign Up button or the contact info listed in the description to reserve your spot.
Mobile view shows start date/time only. Check DETAILS for all relevant dates/times and details.