Pilates Level 1: Mat (160 hours)
Our Pilates Level 1: Mat curriculum is available in two formats. The modular format takes place on four separate weekends over a period of two months. The express format is an 11-day continuous immersion program that covers the same content plus Anatomy for Motion, the pre-requisite course.
The content in Pilates Level 1: Mat is designed to deepen your knowledge of human movement and increase your skill set so that you may apply it to teaching both in-person and online.
- Master the complete Pilates mat repertoire including Foundations and Classics
- Practise our unique cueing formula™ and progressive sequencing™
- Learn the art of versatile class design practices to develop mat classes for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
- Gain an understanding of core stabilization systems
- Explore the basic movement mechanics of the spine, hips and the shoulder complex
- Learn to teach healthy populations with minor movement impairments in a variety of settings
Anatomy for Motion (6 hours)
Program of study
- Module 1: Mat Foundations (18 hours)
- Module 2: Mat Classics and Innovations (18 hours)
- Module 3: Core Integrity (18 hours)
- Module 4: Practical Application (12 hours)
Additional hours of study
- 40 hours of practice teaching (strongly recommended)
- 15 hours of self-practice (strongly recommended)
- 18 hours of home study/review
- Practical exam
- Written exam
Added education value
- Complimentary 20 mat classes at Body Harmonics Studios in Toronto
- Complimentary 10 machine classes at Body Harmonics Studios in Toronto
- Complimentary 6 hours of Continuing Education from our curriculum at Body Harmonics Studios in Toronto
Enroll in all three Pilates Comprehensive Track levels and pay less
Click here to learn about the Pilates Comprehensive Bundle.
Maintaining a Body Harmonics certification status
To keep a Body Harmonics certification diploma current, all certified teachers are required to complete 15 hours of continuing education credits (CECs) every two years. Credits can be earned by attending in combination Body Harmonics Continuing Education courses, Pilates classes or one-on-one sessions and relevant educational events through other institutions.
Next steps after Level 1: Mat…