The last couple of years has taught us that when we pull together as a community, and in service to others, anything is possible. So, it’s with a strong sense of optimism that we are launching our Body Harmonics Community Scholarship.
We have reserved two scholarship opportunities for successful candidates. Each student will receive complimentary enrollment in our Pilates Comprehensive Track program that includes the three levels of training outlined below, including all program materials and access to our on-demand platform and library, live and in-person studio classes.
This Scholarship aims to make learning to become a Pilates and movement professional accessible to those with obstacles to participation in professional training programs. There are no prerequisites to apply—no age requirement, income evaluation, prior education in movement science and/or Pilates, experience with Pilates or specific level of physical ability.
- Number of scholarships awarded: Two scholarships are awarded annually for BIPOC-identifying individuals.
- Value: $10,480.75 CAD (for each scholarship) – This covers Anatomy for Motion plus Comprehensive 3 levels (Mat, Reformer, CCSB).
- Application Deadline: October 15, 2023 > Applications are closed! Please subscribe and stay informed about future opportunities.
- Term period: January 2024 –June 2025
This scholarship will fund the full training costs for two individuals from the BIPOC community to become fully certified Pilates and Movement teachers through Body Harmonics Education. Scholarship recipients will have 18 months to complete their comprehensive training. The program begins with Level 1 in January 2024. Levels 2 and 3 follow so that all classroom hours, practical application hours, independent study and examinations can be completed by June 2025.
Each level of training consists of the following steps:
- Four modules of classroom hours (Fri–Sun). Level 1 is offered virtually, with Level 2 and 3 offered in person at our Toronto studios
- Self-practice and practice teaching hours
- Independent study hours
- Successful examination results (written and practical)
- Anatomy and Biomechanics Training
- Complete Program Components (Prerequisite: Anatomy for Motion, Pilates Track Level 1, 2, 3)
- All required course materials
- Unlimited access to our two fully equipped Studios for self-practice, practice teaching, observation and independent study
- Unlimited access to our On Demand Library (BHOnDemand.com)
- Unlimited access to our live online classes via Zoom
- Career advice and guidance
- Upon successful results, employment, and professional mentoring opportunities with Body Harmonics
- Must be a resident of Ontario
- Must identify as BIPOC
- Must be keenly interested in human movement and wellbeing
- Must be commited and have a genuine love to working in service to the community
- Must be proficient in English as per the description in the Canadian Language Benchmarks, English as a Second Language for Adults by Citizenship and Immigration Canada, October 2021 Edition. The complete definition and guidelines are available here.
Application review process
Applications are reviewed by our selected committee based on your case for financial support, community involvement, pursuit of study in the fitness and wellness industry and proximity to our Toronto locations. Body Harmonics follows the guidelines and scope of practice outlined by the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) and its accreditation process.
How to apply
- Complete an online application form.
- The Body Harmonics Community Scholarship team will select up to seven applicants who meet the eligibility criteria and conduct personal interviews with each person. The goal of the interview process is to determine whether our program and instructional style are the right fit for candidates and their goals.
- With successful interview results, scholarship recipients will be notified by a member of the Body Harmonics Scholarship team. The next steps will be discussed to ensure the recipients are fully prepared to start our Pilates Comprehensive Track program in January 2024.
All the teachers are phenomenal and always provide an incredible experience.
The calm and easy way of speaking and cueing is so appreciated.
Having access to the recordings of the master classes and courses and extra videos/content that are sent out after the fact are amazing. It means we have the opportunity to take our time and review things and see if we missed anything.
This equates to a deeper level of understanding and you really walk away with everything you need to put it into practice.
Very helpful tips and practices for adapting to this new online environment.
Recently I took Hip Replacements course with Bonnie. Excellent instructor. Left with knowledge and confidence that I could use with my clients right away.
I have taken a few courses with Body Harmonics and have loved each one. Recommend highly.
... not only did I learn about the subject matter but I learned about myself and truly was changed. I expected to be able to teach Pilates. I discovered I needed to truly learn Pilates first.
The Body Harmonics Pilates Teacher Training program exceeded my expectations.
. . . Shoptalk and Mondays with Margot are an invaluable sources of information and support for those of us rather "on our own" in rural areas . . .
Since Larisa came on board I have seen how Body Harmonics has been transformed for those of us living outside the city. Thank you so much for your hard work and creativity.
I thoroughly enjoyed Pilates Level 1: Mat Express. It was such a thoughtfully laid out program and Jennifer Horvath, our teacher trainer, was absolutely incredible.
I'd recommend this program to anyone, and I can't wait to take more of Body Harmonics teacher training in the future!
VERY INFORMATIVE as I do work with 50+ demographic and many of my clients are affected by arthritis.
I absolutely love your courses, perspective on movement and how you integrate your knowledge for such functional movement.
I always leave with wonderful pearls of wisdom and my clients always know when I have been on a course.
I am still in a state of bliss after the Postural Analysis course with you on Friday and Saturday. I have already taught five classes this week and trained some in-home clients.
Each time I included or shared something from this weekend that you taught us.
Margot: as always . . . you’re an AMAZING TRAINER!
Thanks so much for another awesome course!!
I enjoyed the hands-on approach to learning anatomy. I have taken several courses at different places and never had the same body-mind integrated approach.
My mind has a lot of thinking to do. I am rethinking everything.
Deena was an absolutely wonderful instructor. She made sure I understood every component before moving on, answered all my questions, and took the time to help me understand more deeply the areas in which I was most interested (or was having trouble understanding).
I'm most grateful however for her help "brain-storming" about how I might apply the teachings to the unique population that I work with.
I’m thrilled with the new knowledge I gained attending a Body Harmonics course.
I’ve used it with my private clients, active athletes and mixed group classes, and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive: persistently tight hips have loosened up, and clients report an overall feeling of “feeling supported” in their movement.
How awesome is that?!! Thank you Margot!
Wow, I learned so much more about what you CAN do if you have osteoporosis!
Thanks! Love it. You have created such a great environment for both clients and teachers. I love how every course and brings together wonderful people with many ideas and goals.
I always feel enriched by experiencing other teachers' challenges and experiences and find it amazing that there is always a new path to try.
Such a wealth of info put into practice.
Please continue offering classes and courses virtually!
I would recommend this program to anyone.
And I can't wait to take more Body Harmonics Teacher Training in the future!
Out of all organizations I am involved in yours has been the best experience.
I have only ever heard good things about your trainings and classes, and the service from all departments has been outstanding.
The handout and the visuals were excellent.
Bonnie's explanations were very clear and her teaching strong.
The course was very helpful.
I have taken multiple Continuing Education courses during the pandemic and they have provided a fantastic focus for me.
I have learned so much and the information has sparked my creativity and helped me to work with my clients effectively, online.
The Pilates Level 1: Mat Express training that I just did was outstanding! I feel inspired and my body feels fantastic.
This truly healing work is what I hope to provide to others through my teaching. Thanks to the whole Body Harmonics team!