Before you select your Body Harmonics Education path, or at any point along the way, we recommend reviewing these policies to help make your journey smooth and successful. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help!
Make your journey smooth and successful.
Our alumni may repeat any Pilates certification program (minimum one full Module) or Continuing Education course (full length) as many times as they want at half price. Please email our Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for arrangements.
Full-time students, who are currently enrolled in a college or university program, save 15% on total program or course cost (before tax). To claim the savings, candidates must send a copy of their student ID to our Education Coordinator at email@example.com.
Professional dancers, who are currently in a career transition, save 15% on total program or course cost (before tax). To claim the savings, candidates must send a copy of their membership with a professional dancer association (i.e. CDA, CADA) to our Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registrants who successfully complete all the enrolment steps, including a payment, receive an enrolment confirmation and receipt by email. If you do not see the confirmation and receipt in your inbox shortly after you enrol, please check your spam filter.
If you did not receive the enrolment confirmation and receipt, please contact our Education Team as soon as possible.
If you registered for a virtual Pilates certification program or Continuing Education course, the associated Zoom link(s) will be emailed to you closer to the start date.
We offer several preferential pricing arrangements, as outlined below.
Full-time students save 15%
Full-time students, who are currently enrolled in a college or university program, save 15% on total program or course cost (before tax). To claim the savings, candidates must send a copy of their student ID to our Education Coordinator.
Professional dancers in a career transition save 15%
Professional dancers who are currently in a career transition save 15% on total program or course cost (before tax). To claim the savings, candidates must send a copy of their membership with a professional dancer association (i.e. CDA, CADA) to our Education Coordinator.
Save 50% when you repeat a program or course
Our Education alumni may repeat any Pilates certification program (minimum one full module) or Continuing Education course (full length) as many times as they want at the audit rate that equals 50% of the regular cost. Please contact our Education Coordinator for arrangements.
English is the language of instruction and examination at the Body Harmonics Education Centre in Toronto, Canada, as well as our affiliated Education Centres across Canada (except Quebec where curriculum is delivered in French), in the US, the UK and Bali. While we always welcome students from different countries of origin into our Pilates & Movement Education, advanced English language ability is key for success in our Pilates certification programs (Pilates Level 1: Mat, Level 2: Reformer, and Level 3: CCSB).
Body Harmonics English language requirements are based on the definition of “advanced language ability” as described in Canadian Language Benchmarks, English as a Second Language for Adults by Citizenship and Immigration Canada, October 2021 Edition:
“Advanced language ability encompasses abilities required to communicate effectively, appropriately, accurately and fluently about most topics in a wide range of contexts and situations, from predictable to unfamiliar, from general to professionally complex and from specific to nuanced, in communicatively demanding contexts. […] At this stage, communicating can involve using language within high-stakes or high-risk social, academic and work-related contexts, and in situations in which features of the communication (such as diplomacy, tact, precision) can have significant consequences.”
If you’re unsure whether your English language ability is sufficient to study and graduate successfully from our Pilates certification programs, please email us to book a phone call to discuss.
Body Harmonics Pilates Comprehensive Track
- If you haven’t started the program yet, the refund is the paid tuition and exam fees minus $300 cancellation charge. Program materials, if shipped prior to the start date, are non-refundable; otherwise, they’re refunded in full.
If you leave any of the Pilates Comprehensive Track programs having completed 25% or less of the classroom hours, the refund is 75% of the tuition fee paid minus $300 cancellation charge. Exam fees are refunded in full. Program materials are non-refundable.
- If you leave having completed between 25% and 50% of the classroom hours, the refund is 50% of the tuition fee minus $300 cancellation charge. Exam fees are refunded in full. Program materials are non-refundable.
- If you leave after completing between 50% and 75% of the classroom hours, the refund is 25% of the tuition fee minus $300 cancellation charge. Exam fees are refunded in full. Program materials are non-refundable.
- If you leave after completing 75% of the program’s classroom hours, there is no refund for tuition fees. Exam fees are refunded in full. Program materials are non-refundable.
- If you cancel your registration up to two business weeks before the course start date, the refund is 75% of the tuition fee. Course materials, if shipped prior to the start date, are non-refundable; otherwise, they’re refunded in full.
- If you cancel your registration less than two business weeks before the course start date, the refund is 50% of the tuition fee. Course materials, if shipped prior to the start date, are non-refundable; otherwise, they’re refunded in full.
- In the case of a no show, there is no refund for tuition fees. Course materials, if shipped prior to the start date, are non-refundable; otherwise, they’re refunded in full.
Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
Note: To avoid the cancellation charges, you may accept a credit in lieu of a refund when you cancel your registration. You can use the credit for any purchases at Body Harmonics with the exception of the items sold on our BHOD platform (i.e. memberships and e-books).
• Pilates certification students must attend all the scheduled hours in order to meet the program requirements. If you miss an hour or more during the program, our Education Coordinator will assist you with booking a private tutorial with the teacher trainer to cover the missed content. Please note that private tutorial hours are an additional cost. You must complete the missed content prior to starting the next Module.
• If you are unable to attend a virtual Continuing Education course of your choice in real time, you may still register and receive an unlimited 3-month access
to the course recording.
Pilates Certification programs
Once you successfully complete all the requirements of any Level of Body Harmonics Pilates Comprehensive Track, you will receive an official certification diploma and the BH certification renewal guidelines via email.
Continuing Education courses
Certificates of attendance from the Canadian-based Continuing Education courses are available for downloading in the Mindbody System the week following the course date. For courses delivered outside of Canada, we will email certificates of attendance within the next two business weeks following the course date.
Maintaining the Body Harmonics Pilates certification status
To keep a Body Harmonics certification status current, all certified teachers are required to complete 15 hours of continuing education credits (CECs) every two years. Credits can be earned by attending in combination Body Harmonics Continuing Education courses, Coaching/Mentoring sessions, Pilates classes or one-on-one sessions and relevant educational events through other institutions.
We will track your CECs and certification renewals. You will receive a renewal reminder two months prior to the deadline.
Once you fulfill the renewal requirements, we will email you a renewed Pilates certification diploma.
If an accident, illness or other compelling life circumstance prevents you from completing one of our Pilates certification programs, you may take a leave of absence and join the same program running on later dates when you are ready. Your funds will be kept as a credit on file. No re-administration fees apply. If you permanently withdraw from the program, you will be charged for the hours you have completed. The rest of your tuition and exam fees will be refunded. Program materials are non-refundable.
Harassment means engaging in vexatious behaviour or conduct that is generally known to be unwelcome. Discrimination means any form of unequal treatment in any way and in any circumstance based on, but not limited to, sex, race, age, religion or disability.
Body Harmonics is committed to providing an environment where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. No person will be denied on the basis of race, natural origin, colour, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
Harassment and discrimination are not tolerated at Body Harmonics. All employees, contractors, clients and Teacher Training students are expected to uphold this policy.
Reporting harassment or discrimination
All employees, contractors, clients and Teacher Training students are encouraged to report any incidents of harassment or discrimination witnessed on the premises of Body Harmonics (anonymously if preferred). You may report in person, by phone or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If this is not a reasonable option, or if such an option does not remedy the situation, speak with the Founder and Director of Education, Margot McKinnon: 416.537.0714 or email@example.com.
Management will investigate and deal with all concerns, complaints, or incidents of harassment or discrimination in a fair and timely manner, while respecting the privacy of every employee, contractor, client and Teacher Training student.
This policy is based on the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Body Harmonics recognizes the effort required by Education students to meet their educational goals. At the same time, students are expected to:
- Act in a manner that contributes to a positive, supportive and safe learning environment
- Make every effort to arrive on time and stay for the allotted time (if you are late or have to leave early please be discreet)
- Turn off your cell phones while at the Centre
- Limit the use of scented products when visiting the Centre
- Refrain from soliciting Body Harmonics clients, teachers, employees or contractors; handing out any business cards or other literature; arranging to meet with them off the premises.
To fully benefit from and meet the requirements of any of our Pilates certification programs, you must commit to the entire time frame allotted. If you happen to miss an hour or more, our Education Coordinator can help you schedule a private tutorial to make up the missed time. This tutorial is an extra cost and should be completed before re-joining the program. Body Harmonics reserves the right to take appropriate action if conduct guidelines are contravened. The first step would be to meet and discuss the situation. In the absence of progress after discussion, Body Harmonics may consider more serious options, including suspension from the program without refund.
At Body Harmonics we are committed to ensuring that students with a grievance relating to their experience in any of our educational events are well taken care of. For more information about our Grievance Procedure, please contact our Education team.