The requirements of our Active Aging Specialist program consist of 7 courses. The courses were chosen to build a scope of knowledge and practice that includes specific considerations for the moving body as we age.
The required courses are delivered both in-person and virtually throughout the year in Toronto and at our affiliated Teacher Training Centres around the world.
Go to the Continuing Education course list. Find each required course, click on the title, and view the scheduled dates at the bottom of the page. Click on the Sign up button to proceed with your enrolment.
Not sure if you already completed some courses from the requirement list? Email us at [email protected] and we will check your course attendance records.
• Foot and Ankle: The Body’s Spring System
• Arthritis: The Modern Epidemic
• Hip Replacements
• Pre- and Post-Rehab Solutions for Knee Replacements and ACL Reconstruction
• Cervical Spine Mechanics and Protocols
• Osteopenia, Osteoporosis and Orthopaedic Health
• Strength, Balance and Fall Prevention for Seniors
When you successfully complete the requirements, you receive a certificate that acknowledges completion of your chosen Primary Specialist program.
• Pilates teachers/practitioners
• Yoga teachers/practitioners
• Physical/manual therapists
• Occupational/rehabilitation therapists
• Sports trainers/coaches
• Dance/movement teachers