Pilates thoracic rotation
Thoracic rotation is the best way to free the spine, loosen tight hips and melt away neck and shoulder tension. Best of all, it’s really simple and easy to do!
Check out Margot’s thoracic rotation postural control video.
Key points to remember:
- You can do this on the floor or with a cushion. If there’s a cushion behind your back, make sure to prop your head up so you’re comfortable
- Keep pelvis level, arms straight and hands together. This will allow for more motion in the thoracic spine
- Do a few repetitions focusing on form, then add breath
- Take your time and don’t rush this exercise
- Don’t try to sway too far from side to side
Share with us in the comments section below:
Do you have any other simple ways to melt away neck and shoulder tension?